A less eventful day

Still no pix, sorry.

We are in Laramie, Wyoming this evening. Today we drove across Nebraska under partly sunny skies. Our only snag was a minor truck issue when I inadvertently hit the "economy" setting on the transmission, a no-no when towing a trailer. I realized it immediately, pulled over and shut it off, but then the "Check Engine" light came on. We were in far western Nebraska, receiving only intermittent cell phone signals, so it took a few tries to reach the Penske help line. The guy told me that, much like a computer, the best way to reset the engine light is to turn it off, wait a few minutes, and turn it on again. Success!

Back on the road, we hit heavy rain, but no funnel clouds, when we reached the Wyoming border. We drove past snowfields as we went through the high pass between Cheyenne and Laramie.

Ginnie and I are no doubt the laughingstock of the truckers when we pull in to fuel up. We meander around, looking for a way to line up the truck with the pump. We always need to find a place with lots of room for me to maneuver while the professionals snicker. The turning radius of our rig with bug in tow must be something like 75 feet, and I cannot back up to save my life. I am always quick to make fun of my ineptitude when I go into the truck stops, and the other drivers, when they stop chuckling, treat us with pity, amusement, and warmth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When in Rome...

Italy, On My Own This Time

A Crappy, Crappy Day