Skiing in the Sierras


Gauss and I finally took a day trip to the Sierras to ski last weekend. We brought the food, and our buddy KJ drove us in his 4 WD truck—good thing, since it was raining when we left, and snowing once we got above 3000 feet.

It snowed steadily the whole day. There were up to two feet of new powder at the top of the mountain, and with my artificial knees, it was hard to ski in places where skiers and boarders had cut up the deep snow. After lunch, I stuck to the groomed bunny slopes. My strategy next time will be to head up to the mountain after several dry days so I can ski on groomed snow.

KJ carried a flask of cognac in his parka. When Gauss and I brought individual cans of spicy V-8 out of the cooler, KJ got creative and whipped up mountain Bloody Marys by pouring some cognac into the vegetable juice and then spiking it with Tabasco. The ski lodge has hot sauce along with the little envelopes of ketchup and mustard at the condiment station. Minnesota ski areas do not offer this seasoning.

Here are photos of KJ as ski lodge bartender. BTW ladies, KJ is smart, successful, and single, and he’s looking to meet some outdoorsy, down-to-earth women. If interested, email me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When in Rome...

Italy, On My Own This Time

A Crappy, Crappy Day